NOTE FOR EXISTING USERS: We recently made some changes to our tool gallery, and one of those changes included moving the Email Newsletter buttons to a purely code installation as opposed to being able to configure and edit in the dashboard. If you have buttons already in your newsletter, we will continue to support them. However, if you turn them off in the dashboard, the only way to add them back will be by adding the snippet below to your newsletter.
What are Email Newsletter Buttons?
Essentially they are:
- Uses our sharing endpoints
- Can be customized by using your own images
- Has analytics that are tracked in the AddThis dashboard, just like the other buttons
Who should use them?
- Anyone who wants to let users share content directly from an email newsletter
How to use the tool?
- Enter the profile ID you’d like to use, so that you can track the shares
- Enter the URL you’d like to share.
- Drag the buttons you’d like to use to the right column
- Click generate code
- Paste the code from the textarea into the HTML source
Was this article helpful to you?
Last modified: August 3rd, 2018